SDN for Beginners / Openflow programming in RYU Controller !
This course specifically built for beginners(students, professionals), who wants to learn SDN , Openflow and get hands on SDN Lab with Mininet, RYU SDN Controller, KNet.
This training session works as below,
- Instructor will interact with students via video conferencing sites, for each week.
- Recorded Videos will be shared for each week
- Email, Skype, Phone support for doubts, clarifications.
Click the below link to download the Training proposal document.
Training Proposal Document
Duration: 20 Hours
Part1: Traditional Networking Concepts
- TCP/IP Overview
- Layer2 addressing
- Layer3 addressing (IPv4 Address, Subnets)
- How L2 Switch works
- How L3 Router works
Part2: SDN Concepts
- Problems in Networking
- What is SDN?
- SDN Components and Architecture
- SDN Controllers overview
- SouthBound and NorthBound Protocols & Interfaces
- SDN Tools overview
Part3: Preparing SDN Environment
- Operating System Setup
- Mininet Installation
- Wireshark Installation
- Openvswitch Overview & Installation
- RYU Controller Overview & Installation
- Demo1: L2 Switch Demo with RYU
- Mininet Commands
- Simple predefined Topologies
- Running TCP Traffic Tests
- Running UDP Traffic Tests
- How to write Custom topology
- Datacenter Topology
- Topology with Multiple controllers
Part5: Openflow in Detail
- Introduction, Version Details
- Message Types
- Basic operations/Packet Matching
- Match Types, Match Actions
- Setting up a Flow
- Flow Timers
- Flow Table Format
- Pipeline Processing
Part6: RYU Controller
- Application Overview
- L2 Switch Application
- How to write RYU Application
Part7: RYU Controller Exercises
- L3 Match exercise
- L4 Match exercise
- Flow Timer exercise
- Pipeline exercise
- ARP Proxy
Part8: Other SouthBound Interfaces
- Configuring Openvswitch via OVSDB Interface
Part9: NorthBound Interfaces
Part10: Statistics Measurement
- Port Statistics
- Flow Statistics
Part11: Multicontroller Environment
- Role Request / Response
- Master /Slave concepts
- Building High Available, Scalable environment
Part12: RYU BGP Speaker
Part13: RYU Openstack integreation.
Part14: Overlay concepts (GRE, vxlan)
To be updated.
- 50% Advance on start of the Course
- 50% on Week2.
Contact us in Email : firstname.lastname@example.org